The Promotions Department has the responsibility for processing the promotion, conversion or upgrading of deserving officers in the Federal Civil Service. The Department also handles appeals and petitions from officers who are aggrieved with the decisions taken by the Senior Staff Committees (SSC) of their Ministries/Extra-Ministerial Departments or the Commission on their promotion.
The promotion of Officers on grade level 06 to 13 in all the Federal Civil Service is delegated to all the MDAs through their Senior Staff Committees, with a Commissioner from the FCSC as an observer. Recommendations of the Senior Staff Committee meetings are forwarded to the Commission for final consideration and approval.
The key functions of the department include:
- Issuance of guidelines on Promotion in the Federal Civil Service;
- Processing of recommendations of the Senior Staff Committee (SSC) for promotion, upgrading, conversion and advancement of officers on Salary Grade Levels 06-13 from all the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs);
- Issuance of Call Circular for, and conduct of Promotion examination/interview for officers in the Directorate Cadre in the Federal Civil Service;
- Attendance of meetings of the Senior Staff Committee (SSC) of the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) along with Scheduled Commissioners as well as the examinations for officers within the designated grades of Salary Grade Levels 06-13;
- Attendance of meetings of the Junior Staff Committee (JSC) of all the MDAs on observer status;
» 2011 Directorate Cadre Promotion Exams
» Activities of the Department in 2011
» Role of Senior Staff Committees
» Guidelines on Procedures for Promotion Interviews
» Call Circular
» Setting of Questions and Marking of Papers