The Department of Human Resources Management comprises two Divisions, namely Appointments, Promotion and Discipline (APD) and Staff Welfare and Training (SWT) charged with the responsibility of managing and training the human resources and administration of Staff Welfare matters.
The Commission’s Department of Human Resource Management is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Appointment,Promotion and Discipline of staff for and of the Commission only;
- Establishment and Records matters including providing Secretariats for the Junior and Senior Staff Committees;
- Determination of capacity/skills and knowledge gaps and proposing measures to bridge such gaps including manning levels and training as appropriate;
- Handling of Welfare matters including Pension, Health and related issues as may be applicable to Commission members and staff;
- Management and Maintenance of Commission’s Offices/spaces as well as grounds;
- Internal Security of the Commission;
- Handling of industrial relations matters i.e. labour issues;
- Transport matters i.e. Maintenance of Commission’s Vehicles; and
- Any Other Duties that may be assigned by the Chairman and Permanent Secretary.