The Finance and Accounts Department is made up of two divisions - Finance and Accounts Division. Each Division is presently headed by an Assistant Director while a Director heads the Department.
The core function of the Department is the management and control of all the financial, budgetary and accounting activities of theCommission in line with extant rules and regulations.
The Finance Division is responsibility for the supervision of Budget staff and budgetary activities in the Commission which include:
- Preparation of annual budget estimate of recurrent and capital expenditures;
- Preparation of revenue estimates and collates budgetary proposals from various Departments and Units;
- It facilities the sourcing of funds from the Federal Ministry of Finance and contributes to the financial management of the Commission;
- It reports to Management on the state of affairs of our budgetary allocation from time to time and;
- It liaises with the Budget Office of the Federation, Federal Ministry of Finance, National Assembly and Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation; on issues relating to the
- Commission’s budget and extra-budgetary matters
The Accounting Division on the other hand, is responsible for the management and administration of accounting personnel and related activities. Its core functions include:
- Receipts and payments;
- Maintenance of books of accounts and records as stipulated by the Financial Regulations;
- Rendition of statutory financial returns to the Account-General of the Federation
- Resolution of Audit queries and tax matters;
- The division equally facilities the liaison between the Commission and the Office of the Accountant-General, Auditor-General for the Federation, Federal Inland Revenue Service, Public Accounts Committee and Banks with respect to the accounts of the Commission